Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ok, I finally had someone who complained that I write too little, about my life, that is. My shifts at IMF Suntec have since commenced on 12th Sept 2006 at noon. The first day was hectic because the entrance was either closed or blocked and most routes had to be re-routed and I was running late and all. When I finally made it to the Pass Office where the staff entrance was, I realized I couldn't get in. I was missing authorization and so I was held up for another 20 minutes. Once I got in, I headed for the Executive Chief Office which was where I was told to be when I arrived. And because I was late and all, I apologised the moment I stepped in and there sat the Executive Chief and this lady from the managment and they wanted me to shut up cause apparently, I was barging into an interview this other chef was doing. It was embarrassing, to say the least. And then I headed upstairs to level 6 where my kitchen should be.

When I knew I was assigned to help out in the kitchen for IMF, I had assumed that it would probably be hell, new and retarded in a fast-paced environment and all but well, things turned out quite differently. Not only am I not working, I get paid for eating pastries and taking breaks from 12 to 8 and it has been going on for the past 3 days. Everyone was so bored to tears people were playing BINGO and I even suggested we played UNO...the funny thing is, other kitchens were hectic, people were actually doing something constructive...But we'll see...if I even get to work next week..

On my way to work today, I saw my primary school friend, or rather she saw me. And we started chatting and all. She was sent on an attachment by Shatec to Pan Pacific Hotel and so we were going on the same route. We have not seen each other for ages and we started talking like nobody's business. Before we parted ways, we agreed to meet up after work..so we could go home together and not be alone and you know, talk more. It was fun..and after work, I went up to her house, and we continued chatting about old times..like what silly things we did while we're in primary school and she told me about her grandmother's funeral and all that..It was fun and nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home