Wednesday, October 11, 2006

11 October 2006 7.21P.M.
Almost 2 days after the outline and still sting. It's a phoneix I'm doing, kinda resembles a new lease of life and how things would be for the better.

Sorry again for not updating this thing for many things have happened. Remember Rian, the charming chef I wrote about last update? Guess what, he got terminated last month. I've no idea the reason(s) why but someone from TP called Suntec HR and the management decided it's best they let Rian go. Rian's a Malaysian and he could not understand Mandarin and other chefs who worked with him heard about the news about letting him go started either talking bad in front of him in Mandarin or simply ignoring him. He's still on probation and all and because of something like this, whatever it is, he's got kicked out of a job he barely held for half a month. I don't know why my friends and I felt so strongly for him, I mean we barely knew him but it was super unfair that he be terminated.

Rian held the list of names and contact numbers of those who worked during IMF and somehow he started sending weird and very very lengthy messages to some of the girls, one including my classmate. He talked about stuff, i don't know what and those girls were very unimpressed with him. They actually showed the other people working in the same kitchen the messages Rian sent and they were laughing at it. It's pretty cruel, even for me. And in one of the messages he sent to my classmate, he mentioned about not understanding women at all but at the same time, he never underestimate women either. And, he also mentioned that he has been with at least 12 women, whatever it meant. I believe that was the last SMS he sent to my classmate. After that, we've heard nothing about it until a couple of us went back to Suntec as casual labor and my friend heard about Rian's termination from this other chef we hanged out with. Most of us who knew about it was fuming and couldn't really understand the situation. All we felt was injustice. And there is nothing we could do. The thing about rumors and impressions, especially if they are untrue, is that they travelled. Words go around in the industry and soon, everyone in the culinary industry might catch wind of it and no one will even try to employ Rian or hear him out or whatever. God, this is so unfair!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home