Tuesday, November 28, 2006

23 November 2006

A day ago, 22nd of November, marked my 20th year on Earth and very unfortunately, it fell on a weekday, an extremely busy Wednesday at that and I’m buried under heaps and heaps of school assignments and projects and absolutely stuck with obligations. When I woke up in the morning, I didn't think I was gotten really be able to enjoy the day. There were several consultations and group meetings and I was a little frazzled. Thank God, everything went ok; we know we’re on the right path, blah blah blah...I was stoked when my classmates got me the High School Musical (Musicals always get to me) and this long sleeve Gray top from Giordano. You know the amazing part is, those are the 2 things I’ve been contemplating getting and they got both the gifts for me. Psychic or what? I adore them. Cute bunch of kids and clever and funny and etc… And before I forget, my Psych tutor, Reuben, he pulled a fast one on me. It was finally 11 and everyone’s all ready to leave the class and have lunch and stuff and that was exactly everyone was doing when out of nowhere, Reuben told the class that it was my birthday and I had to stand in front of the class and everyone, strangers, I might add to sing me the birthday song…He gave this little message and a NUS pin. Funny guy…and thank you.

I was pretty smug to have my girls, F and Y plotting something sinister, I assumed behind my back and I was a mix between anxiety and gratitude. And as usual, F’s boyfriend had to so conveniently come by and ruined a perfect girls day out but I really couldn’t blame her; she’s quite torn. They gave me this little brown hardcover book with glue and photos in it and left me touching messages and treated me lunch and then, surprised me with my favorite dessert, the black forest cake. Unfortunately, I wasn’t feeling quite well during lunch but I finished and have enjoyed the cake and lunch. I’ve not seen them for so long and Y was pretty excited about my still incomplete tattoo…haha!! Next week’s gotten be F’s 20th birthday and I can’t wait!!!

After bidding goodbyes and really making the boyfriends wait while we chatted in the toilet, I met up with Nicole, one of my longest friends and my favorite girls. (I can’t stress enough; she’s quite the troubled character) We were supposed to meet around 10pm at City Hall but turned out she was in Marina Square with another friend of hers and ok, coincidence much?? I was having lunch with the girls at Marina Square too. Nic and I and her friend, Jeff, were supposedly going clubbing at Zouk, one of local’s hippest hangouts. It was really one of the rarest blue moons for I'm never much of a clubbing person. I would like to think of myself as someone who knows how to have fun and the companionship of great buddies but definitely not much of a clubber. Call me an old London Pub-goer if you must… you know with a couple of drinks and really really nice music and chairs by the bar counter…that’s me all right. And because I wasn’t exactly in the appropriate attire for a night out in Zouk, Nic and I and Jeff went over to Bugis village to kinda get me something to wear. I only had $50 budget but I knew exactly where to go. And boy, did I get a bargain and a phone number of that sales assistant I’ve always wanted since I first stepped into the store. I wouldn’t say if she’s not a little suspicious when I asked for her number…Hmm…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home