Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ok, I am going to sound like a 10 year old. It's Christmas Eve or it could really be the actual Christmas Day, yes, the big glamourous red and green and even white 25th of December! Throughout my 20 years on Earth, I've never once celebrated Christmas or festivals in general or even attempted to. You see, I'm neither Jewish nor Christian nor anything else so therefore you wouldn't see my mum cooking up a Thanksgiving or a Christmas dinner and there will not be a green pine tree with gorgeous ornaments of any sorts in my tiny living room. And do not ever expect presents under the tree in the morning cause I ain't got a chimney. Or a card.

Someone did give me an invisible card over the internet the night before. Though I can't really see it, I felt it. She is one hell of a person, never met anyone like her; that kind of rudeness and hostility. I sensed a broken heart right off the bat but she wouldn't share more and I'm cool with that. She's full of snide remarks and the bite-you-in-your-behind honesty dripping with acid that not many people can handle. She has been through a lot, I guess...and of course she called me a fucking dumbass before giving me a card. Good times, people.

I guess Eva has saw the card I've sent her and I know she'll be having a great time with her family and friends and many many presents and blessings. At least someone is having fun. But the selfish me wanted some sort of a response from her. I wanted to know what she thought of the card, did she like it, the feelings that were going through her mind when she saw my name. You know, stuffs like that. I hope she's fine and having a great time. By the way, I think I owed her an apology. It's the last conversation before she would return home for Christmas and her mum has been visiting and staying with her at her apartment since Monday and I know she had a very tight bond with her family and absolutely missed being with them, especially her little sister, an aspiring architecture, Maria. And while we were chatting, her mum kinda nagged at her about being in the front of the computer monitor for too long and we had to end our conversation short. I wasn't pleased to say the least, cause I might never have a chance to chat with her again, and so I said something an insensitive jerk would say "Now, you know why I prefer living alone? At least I've got privacy and quiet..." and I think she was mad when I said that. I didn't mean to be rude and all but I have this thing where I don't think through my words in my head enough and sometimes, it's really not the things I should say and ugliness ensues. She told she wasn't mad at all cause I really didn't want her to go away mad, especially if she's mad with me...

Guess what? My mum had a date, to do a drive-through through the beautiful streets of Orchard Road with her colleagues at work. It wasn't my mum to have a date or for her to actually go to Orchard so it was all new for me. I was thrilled she wanted to go; I think she deserved it big time! Though she promised she would take me to the new Macdonalds at Ang Mo Kio. I told her to do the drive-through instead, since Christmas decoration along Orchard Road is once a year thing and we can go to Macdonalds anytime we wanna. But her colleagues kinda wanted to head home first and God knows when they would actually be ready and my mum didn't wanna wait so tonight marked my first trip to the new Macdonalds outlet which was so spacious, with actual greenery and really cool marble sinks and McCafé was built right in it, with the regular counters and stuff. They even had a drive-through too...so cool. And I've made a promise to myself that I would try their hot chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home